Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need opinions.

Which site has the best FREE websites (i.e. Geocities, Lycos)

I want to create a site, but i want the most bang for my no-buck :laugh:

I would like it to have more than one email address.

I would be willing to pay UP TO $5 a month, no more, and i would rather less.

This is not a high tech huge site that i will be making.

Thanks

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
Not many free site like you are talking about offer emails...and on top of that you'll get an address like "http://www.angelfire.com/sx3/whatyouwanthere"

and I don't know what kind of hosting you'll get for $5 a month...

·
Registered
169 Posts
For $3.95 a month, you can use GoDaddy's economy plan, which offers an obscene amount of storage and bandwidth for such a low price. I've been with them for 3 months and have been nothing but happy.

The problem with free hosting is of course, the ads. When I did my first site 5 years ago (for the learning experience), I used Lycos Tripod. The banner ad messed with my layout. Of course I didn't really know what I was doing.

I recommend GoDaddy after my absolutely positive experience doing business with them. They even call occasionally, simply to check my satisfaction. That tells me that every customer is important to them. I mean, I'm spending next to nothing with them, and my satisfaction matters to them enough to check on me. Customer service like that is extremely rare these days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you will pay up to $5 a month, why not $25 a year! www.illusionfxnet.com they are the best, too bad they don't have their free service anymore

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.