Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have windows xp home edition on both of my computers, and they do have a remote desktop program, but ive found out that windows xp pro actually has a better version of it that will actually work. I cant get the windows xp home version of it to work. Is there anyone that knows of a free remote desktop program, or if someone would be able to send the windows xp pro version of the remote desktop program.

·
Registered
204 Posts
XP Home has "Remote Assistance", while XP Pro has both "Remote Desktop", as well as "Remote assistance". You can download from Microsoft, a Remote Desktop "add on" which will enable your computer to become the "client" but not the "server".

can you provide some details about what you've done to get "remote assistance " up and running?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran the remote desktop connection program (i forgot where it was so i searched for it) but like you said i need a client and a server, and i think that program is just one of the two. The only thing i can find on microsofts website is the same program that I already have. Could you give me a direct link to it, or some other program or way to connect you might reccomend?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.