Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me about this free OpenOffice suite? It's sounds too good to be true. It is suppose to be just like Microsoft Office & can totally interact with Office. I am afraid to download any freeware as I just had to reinstall Vista to fix my PC. PC is running great & I want to keep it that way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Open office is quite good and mostly compatible with other major office applications. It is not exactly the same, but does render most msft formats in a usable manner. Results may vary when trying to save documents created with openoffice to other formats. Open office is currently owned by Sun Microsystems. As always you should download only from a trusted source. Oo is the default office app on several Linux OS's. I personally like it a lot and use it almost exclusively. The price is a definite +.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Its alright if you don't want to pay for a suite like Office. What i don't like about it is that it messes up the formatting when you try to open it in another application

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for answering. At the moment, I'm really most interested in power point. As long as I know the download is safe, then I think I'll try it.

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.