Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
omg now this REALLY freaked me out... I wake up turn on my computer... right? I get a currupt windows file (I forgget which one) but I hit yes to continue. When windows loads, my monitors at 640X480 at 16 colors and a box comes up saying it detected a new device. Plug and play BIOS. This is when I walk out of the room and slam my head against the wall. I walk back in...

Windows detected " Standard 101/102-kwy or microsoft Natural Keyboard"....... Installing drivers. Please wait.
Windows must now restart.

Windows detected "Printer port (LPT1)"....... Installing drivers. Please wait.

Windows detected "Direct memory access controller"....... Installing drivers. Please wait.

Windows detected "system speaker"......... Installing drivers. Please wait.

Windows detected "System timer"....... Installing drivers. Please wait.

Windows dete.................. And it went on, installing everything having to do with my motherboard. I recently had my power supply replaced.
After about an hour of installing and restarting everything was installed again and the only thing I noticed was my icon font, size, spacing, etc. I reapplied my fav desktop theme and that was fixed.

Later checked my device properties seeing if I would find anything and I saw doubles... I'm attaching a screenshot. I was able to fit almost all the errors in one screenshot by sorting by connection. The info for the errors are are hardware conflicts... They are conflicting with the doubles! I don't know which ones should delete if any! I beleive in "If it's not broken, don't fix it" :D

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Have you gone into safe mode and removed everything, then restart normally and re-install it?
This to be done in the device mamager of course.

Thought I'd throw in that little tidbit there Chief...............:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.