Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed AD-Aware SE Personal two days before I installed Trend Antivirus program. I have had these since Aug. 2005.

When I scan for spyware or malicious items with the Ad-aware, I get great results with this and it quarantines all the junk, I get on my computer.

When my Trend antivirus program runs...it also has a spyware scanner on it as well. This spyware scanner always show I have a suspicious file that is trying to enter my pc. This is called SPW VCATCH.A. Trend tells me I have to manually scan to perform an emergency lock. But, this SPW VCATCH.A never shows up on the AD-Aware program.

I am totally confused as to which spyware scanner I should use. The spyware scanner in Trend is already with the program. I have tried looking this suspicious file up and cant pull nothing up.

I am not very bright on this spyware stuff, but am thinking there could be a conflict with the 2 programs. Of course I never run them the same time, but why cant I get rid of this SPW VCATCH.A from showing on my Trend program.

The Trend antivirus program is called Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security. I think it is a good program.
My question is....What is this SPW VCATCH.A? Is it a bad and threatning spyware? and should I get rid of the Ad-aware if it is causing conflict with the Trend Spyware program?

Debra

·
TSF Security Team, Emeritus
6,962 Posts
Hi and Welcome to TSF

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run the following tools. Download and update the databases on each program before running.

Also make sure you are using the the latest version (1.99.1) of HijackThis and it's installed in it's own folder on the root drive. (C:\HJT)

Once you have run ALL those programs...download the hijackthis program...do a scan and post your log in the "Hijackthis" forum...and someone will address then log for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.