Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The formatting and reinstallation went fine but now that PC is essentially a big brick as I can't run anything. It won't even connect to the internet 'cause the ethernet drivers aren't there.

I went to the PC's manufacturer's support website (Dell: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx) and downloaded their drivers by inputting the PC's service tag, which is: 7T8S52J (check out what they gave me, I downloaded them, I think they're exe files).

I transferred them to a USB stick and took them to the PC, but after copying and clicking on them, the PC give me "...is not a valid Win32 application."

I did the Windows Key + R then typed in devmgmt.msc and tried to find the drivers from there (by giving the locations of the drivers) and install them like that, but they weren't found or I got that Win32 crap. I really need your help, my mum is driving me crazy to use that PC. No I don't have a Dell disc that came with the PC and our warranty with them has expired.

Hope you can help me out. Cheers. :grin:

Come on guys... no help?

Actually, if I just get the network ethernet drivers I'm sorted because then everything else can be automatically updated online. From my service tag, the website recommends these:

Anybody know a good website with proper installations for these kind of drivers?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.