Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here, but I need to ask a question that is really suited to any of the forums here...so perhaps you could add one titled "General Hardware Issues" or something....(just a thought).

I have just forked out for a new shiny, retail AMD Athlon XP 2000+
I put this beast in my machine (Albatron KX400+) and was informed that my CPU has changed, and told me what it had found, and asked me to adjust my frequency settings....

Thing is, it has detected the following:

CPU Speed Detected - AMD Athlon 1250
CPU Ratio - 12.5
Spread Spectrum - Enabled
CPU Clock - 100

Default CPU Voltage 1.750v
CPU Voltage - 1.750v
RAM Voltage 2.5v

I am using Windows XP Pro, and have run SiSpft Sandra, which also detected it as an Athlon 1250 - but I assume it gets this from the BIOS / CMOS or whatever....

What should these settings be adjusted to in order to get my true Athlon XP 2000+ (1.67 GHz)

Any help much appreciated...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Needs to be running on the 133 systems bus. Depending on the board.. you might have to remove a jumper (had to on my MSI) to get 133 bus speeds.. give 'er a shot and let us know..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the swift reply. Do you mean to adjust the CPU Clock - 100 to 133?
If so, the highest it let's me go is 132....is this right? Or am I gonna have to alter a jumper...?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You sexy beast!! (No - I am not gay)
Jumper setting it was :) Mine can even take the new 333MHz Athlons :)

Mved the jumper (JP2) to it's second (out of 3) position. Athlon XP 1666 MHz.

Ran SiSoft Sandra again, and it tells me I have a shiny Athlon XP 2000+, core clock 1.67 GHz ==> MARVELLOUS.

I am such a dumbass. Thanks for your help m8y. Moved jumper, and things are great now (as you can tell :)) - none of this "Athlon 1250" rubbish!!!

Thanks again

Regards

Splatty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.