Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all Tech Support members and experts,
I'm a newcomer here and I really need help. I know I should be introducing myself but I really have a big problem ( I think! ) needs to be resolved first, as I really really need my WinXP back to normal without formatting the whole thing

I do not know whether any of you encountered this kind of problem before, but if you do and have a solution do please help me. Please do view the picture and look at the way the font being displayed in the browser. At first I thought that the problem lies with the browser but apparently it's not. I've tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox (all in latest version) and all are giving me the same results.

I do not have any idea what really happen and I really need help. Please help me!

I am using : Win XP SP 3 Home (all patch updated).
Browser installed in PC : IE, Firefox and Chrome (default) all latest version.

Attachments

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,227 Posts
You can change the font in your browser, In IE by going to Tools/Internet Options/General/Fonts. And in FF by going to Tools/Options/Content/Fonts. As Babbzzz said, this may be the default font for this web site, if that is the only place you see it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply Babbzz and spunk.funk, actually there are several more website that I access having the same kind of problem. I've tried to access using both my PC and Laptop. The problem occured only on my PC and not the Laptop. I've tried the solution recommended by spunk.funk but the problem still occured. I am at a loss, as I've never encountered this kind of problem. Is it maybe because of corrupted font or malware ?

FYI, my laptop is using Windows 7 and my PC is running on XP SP 3. Please do advise me on what to do.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,227 Posts
Do a System Restore to a time before this happened.
The Windows operating system has a font cache file that is located here:
C:\Windows\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT
Delete this file, and restart your system. A new FNTCACHE.DAT file will be created on startup, replacing the corrupted font cache.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.