Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my folder settings and views keep changing on their own. some of my music folders become picture folders whenever i view again. some will be viewed as thumbnail even when i have already set it to be viewed as tiles. some folders even change icons on their own. HELP!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't know what SP you have (this key was added with SP2), but you can check your BagMRU size in the registry:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813711

Don't add it again if it's there, but make sure it says 0x00001388 (5000) or higher in the Data Field for both the Shell and ShellNoRoam folders.

There's also a suggestion here to delete the folder settings you have saved so they can be redone fresh. However, I don't really see what good that would do since the keys change when you change your folder views anyway. If nothing else works, I suppose you could give it a shot though.

You could also try unchecking the 'Remember each folder's view settings' box, restarting, and re-checking it.

Other than that, I'd try checking for/fixing any Malware and then running sfc /scannow (assuming you have a windows cd) to correct any corrupt windows files.

If none of that works.. :4-dontkno

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually i have SP 2. i'll keep you posted after i've tried doing your suggestions. really, thanks much...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi cetkat...actually, until now i'm still in dilemma over my folders. I've already done almost anything and yet, none has changed. :sigh: but again, thanks for all the advices :smile:

·
Registered
258 Posts
You're welcome.. sorry I can't be of anymore help. Perhaps someone else has other ideas.

I believe that MS is still offering free support for SP3. So if all else fails, you could update to that and call the help line. I don't know that they would know anymore than the MVP's on here.. but it may be worth a shot before doing a repair or total re-install.

Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.