Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My PC used to show three folders in C:>Documents and Settings - Administrator, All Users and Owner. Recently, I installed and used a trial programme that caused my Desktop settings to completely change.

The easiest solution to rectify the problem was to use the System Restore facility in Windows XP Home Edition, which I did, and which successfully restored my PC to its previous state. After doing so, however, I noticed that an additional folder appeared in C:>Documents and Settings called Owner.ERIC containing a number of folders. I did change my Logon from "Eric" and old password to "Owner" and a new password.

Can anyone explain what this additional folder is and is this normal when System Restore is used?

·
Registered
265 Posts
The trial program wouldn't happen to be called aston shell would it? Or something similar.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

No, it was Diskeeper Home Edition. Diskeeper did not work well with my system and despite trialling the Pro version and a great deal of help from their technical services I eventually abandoned it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think you have answered the question yourself really, it is there as the result of adding a username and password. I would just ignore it.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

I have since deleted this entry after checking that it contained no files or folders that I needed. It hasn't affected the functioning of my PC in any way by doing this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.