Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to use folder redirection through group policy -which should be simple enough -but no luck. I can't get it to work. I enter the target path \\servername\sharename and its suppoused to create the user folder and transfer the files to the new folder but its not doing it and when I check the properties for the my documents folder ( the folder Im trying to redirect) the target is still the local hard drive. I've tried it with the default domain GPO -Ive created a new GPO and linked it with the OU that contains my users and computers. Ive run gpupdate /force on the server to refresh the group policy. Im totally out of ideas and could really use some help -thanks

· Registered
7,761 Posts
The GPO should be inherited to all groups in the domain. You can link a separate GPO to the OU but the domain GPO has presendence. You would have to block it at the OU level and appliy the new GPO to the OU.

Here is a nice little tool I use for group policy.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/gpmc/default.mspx

Also run gpresult on the workstation to show what policies are taking effect.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I checked event viewer and found errors -on both workstations I got an error -windows cannot determine the user or computer name (access is denied) Group Policy processing aborted -On the server...Failed to perform redirection of folder my documents. The new directories could not be created...access denied. Basically thats what it said. What the heck is going on? My server is running an evaluation version of 2003 -is there something wrong with the installation or is this something that can be fixed -im totally lost -please help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.