Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some trouble with my computer. When I boot up my computer, the BIOS screen recognizes everything, and everything is fine until after it gets to the end of the second screen, It says,

"Invalid System Disk
Replace the disk, and press any key"

On my other computer I only get that when I accidently leave a floppy in the drive when I boot up.

On the 'Problem' computer, i do not have an OS istalled, I have DOS OS disks, but when I boot up with the DOS Setup disk in I get the same thing. I dunno what to do...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Are you sure the DOS setup disk is bootable? You should go to the non problem computer and make a bootdisk... then use that to boot, and after it is finished put in the floppy you want to use.... If you need help making the boot disk just tell me what operating system.

S

·
0 Posts
Check your boot sequence in the bios!

If it is set to boot to hard drive first it can cause this kind of issue when there is no OS on it.......:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked in the BIOS about what sequence of drives it boots to. It was set to C,A. So I set it to A,C. I have a boot disk made from Windows 2000 OS, and I had already used it to format the hard drive. Now when I boot up the system to "A,C", after the sequence where the BIOS detect the Primary and Secondary IDE Devices, it shows this message:

"Floppy disk(s) fail (40)

This happens when I boot up with the boot floppy I made, and the DOS Setup disk. Also, if you continue after the error message, the same "Invalid System Disk.." message comes up too.:mad:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
not unheard of....

does the floppy work in the other system??

check and recheck your connections

replace ...

floppy drive

Cable

then.....post back

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BAD FLOPPY DRIVE

I have AWARD Bios, so I tryed ou www.award.com, I got to the AWARD Bios support page after a few links, and I found that it was a bad floppy drive. I replaced the drive, rebooted with the DOS Setup disk #1 in the floppy drive, and everything is great. I got DOS installed, and I'm ready to go. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Glad we could help!!

Congrats...:clap: :clap:

Stick around and see what else we can do :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.