Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing a new hard drive in a computer along with Windows 2000 Professional the floppy drive is recognized by Windows, and reported as having no trouble in the Device Manager, but no disks can be read. The light is always staying on as well. Any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
259 Posts
K
I
S
S
!
!

HAHAHA!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had the same problem in the past, it is quite easy to solve as was already stated oreviously:

Turn of the PC
Disconnect Power
Open the case
remove the IDE cable from the floppy drive.
rotate the cable 180 Degrees from the position it was in at removal
Re-Insert the IDE cable into the floppy drive
Close the Case
Reconnect Power
Turn on the PC

Yes, i know it is quite detailed but hell this way you know for sure you won't get complaints from ppl who don;t know what the hell you try to eplain to them =]

If however this does not solve the problem..... You might actually have problem....

:D

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
drive cable

yes, if the light is staying on all the time i think the cable is backwards, try this, get a red paint pen, and put a dot on the drive and cable at the end of the plug that says "1" on it, the cable should have a red line along one edge, but make it easy to see. do this with all your drive cables and you will have less trouble. if this doesnt fix it, then you should invest 5 bucks on a new floppy drive. perhaps a 2.88/100 zip combo drive, they arent to pricey.

BoB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.