Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have following Problem and cant find any help elsewhere.
As far as i can tell since the last windows update my main screen (1440p 144hz) starts flickering when i have some games open (melvor idle is the worst).
It is windowed and when i pull it to my second screen (1080p 60hz) it works fine. Other programms (like chrome, steam, discord, other games) dont have the problem neither in windowed nor fullscreen.

The supposed fixes i found online which didnt work are:
  • updating drivers (all latest version)
  • disabling the new weather forecast in taskbar
  • tuning down the screen to 60hz and 1080p
  • uninstalling the latest windows update

Another fact which i dont know it should tell me is, that when i start the game remove the dp cable of the screen and plug it back in it works fine till i restart the game then its back to flickering.

I dont rly know what else to try but to wait for updates of windows or drivers.

Thx for the help in advance.

·
Global Moderator
42,319 Posts
What is the make and model# of your video card? Did you go to the Manufacturers download drivers site and download the latest driver for your GPU?
Try replacing the DP Cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RTX 3080 Gaming OC from Gigabyte of course latest drivers new cable will come on thursday

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happens when the update is not fully finalized. Or if you have not updated the drivers. Many people have encountered this problem; contact a professional if you don't know how to fix it. On the Internet, many services will help you solve this problem. I recently bought myself a new video card and asked the store employees to install everything I needed to work. They were kind enough to help me, and I downloaded my favorite game Genshin Impact that same day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok it wasnt the dp cable still the same bugs with new and another one. Looks like its the windows update. Love it. I think i can uninstall all games with flickering now cause if its dependent on windows to fix bugs i can wait long

1 - 5 of 5 Posts