Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flat, or Not???

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  ebackhus 
#1 · (Edited)
OK, here's my question. Recently I have been doing many upgrades for my computer (mostly for the new geberation of PC games that are coming out). I just wanted to know what displays games better, a regular computer monitor, or a flat screen monitor (LCD). If you need to know the exact specs. then I can give you them, but overall, which one displays games better? Someone told me that LCD has a worse picture than the old form of monitor, but I don't know...

#3 ·
Good, I'll just get a CRT then. My Girlfriend wanted me to get a plasma because they "look more stylish".

#6 ·
Rimus said:
If you have the space, definettly go with a CRT. Unless you spend a lot of money, LSD's dont come close to the quality of a decent CRT.----

wrong

get a good SONY monitor - they're just as good as CRT

If you spend a lot of time at your pc - then definately go for LCD
where do you get statistics that say sony LCD's are as good as CRT's?

i'd really really really like to see that.

especially if it came out of sony's mouth.

please point me at a link, or tell me where i can read that too.

#8 ·
well, that wasn't exactly what i meant.

personally, i love the hell out of sony.

what i really meant was, i have read every single review of every monitor made, (all that i can find, that is) and nowhere have i ever seen a sony LCD monitor that claimed to be as responsive and smooth as a good CRT monitor.

not on any of sony's ads, and not in any reviews from third party sources.

i just really want to know where i can go to read this.

#9 ·
Sorry, that was my own personal vendetta against Sony (because of all their proprietary formats).

But yeah, side-by-side comparison of similarly priced CRTs and LCDs will leave no doubt that the CRT is far superior.

#11 ·
WaltSide said:
where do you get statistics that say sony LCD's are as good as CRT's?

i'd really really really like to see that.

especially if it came out of sony's mouth.

please point me at a link, or tell me where i can read that too.
well. it's not a statistic - It's just my personal experience, about a couple weeks ago I've go a new sweet sony lcd monitor - and It's just as good as my previous CRT monitors - details about it HERE

I know that for 300 pounds I can buy 2 other monitors - But this one is SO damn worth the money - When you see how it displays images and movies - you would never wanna go back to other brands again

Pardon my l33t, but Sony sux0rz!
yes - when it comes to TV's, Cameras, Walkmans

When it comes to monitors - Sony offers the best monitors i have ever seen

#13 ·
You'd have to be crazy to drop 800 bucks on a 20 inch monitor. Especially considering how it's an apple LCD. The fact that it uses DVI means you're SOL unless you have a compatible video card.

#15 ·
When it comes to monitors - Sony offers the best monitors i have ever seen
Yeah Daywalker, don't write Sony off because I said they suck. My experience with them does not include monitors, so Rimus's opinion counts a lot more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.