Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:
I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 which is starting to beat my patience. I suddenly crashed and I can't get it work. The problem is that when I plug the power AC, all indicator lighst (HD and Power ON) start flashing very fast and nothing else happens. I have tried pulling out all the parts (CPU, RAM, HD, battery...) but nothing changes.
So, any idea to solve this problem? Maybe someone had same problem than me.

Hope you can make this annoying flashing lights stop!! And the laptop work, hehe.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
96 Posts
try reseating the memory.

If the lights come on for a second then back off and the unit shuts down.
it could be anything.

Dell does have beep codes errors you can look at on their site.

If under warranty, call Dell tech support

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lighst are continuosly flashing on and off and very fast. I don't get any beep so I can't what for the error codes, that is my problem :sayno:
Lets look again in the net for any example about solving this problem.

·
Registered
96 Posts
the lights flashing on a laptop = beeps on pc.

if you want pm me the service tag number and i can get the codes for that particular model

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ok, heres, what i get from Dell. It appears that they dont have a led flash list light other models.

Memory Light Codes [ Dell™ Latitude™, Inspiron™, Mobile Precision™ WorkStations ]
The caps lock, scroll lock and num lock lights will display error codes in set patterns. A pattern of 5-1-2, where the lights flash in a series of five, then one, and then two, or a pattern of 0-1-1, where all three lights initially come on, but the num lock light goes off, are both indications of a memory error.
Tree Number: 108315
Journal Number: 052948FJN0

Solution Steps Status

Reseat the system memory.
Ensure all the DDR memory in the system is compatible.
Remove all Customer Removable Units (CRU) except for the memory.
Test the portable memory.
The problem occurs in both slots or there is no additional slot available.
The problem only occurs in one slot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your answer, but it is not the problem. The flashing lights aren't CAPS or NUM. The lights which flash are POWER and BATTERY, at the same time. And they flash with or withouth the RAM plugged in, CPU or battery, it doesn't matter what I do, they always flash the same way.
It should be the motherboard or the power ac adaptor which has something wrong... It is becoming hard to solve...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ok, if it is those light, then yes power module issue and that is on the systemboard.

not much to do cept try to find a systemboard somewhere, unless its uder warranty. if it is, call Dell Tech support

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.