Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am running Windows XP but this problem occurs on any computer I try on.

I have about 8 excel files on a 2gb flash drive. I update them and then back them up on my 300gb external harddrive. The flashdrive is only a few months old.

Well all of a sudden I try to open the flash drive through My Computer and I get this error message: "E:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

I'm a little upset but not too worried because I had just backuped my files by dragging them into my external harddrive a few hours before. Well I go to open the excel files in my external harddirve and I get this warning message: "The file you are trying to open, 'Budget.xls', is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?"

I click "Yes" and Excel opens up but it is completely blank except there is one tab named "Budget" which is the name of the file. Nothing!

Now i'm upset. My flash drive has been corrupted for who knows what reason and it took my backup copies with it.

I try all 8 files and they do the same thing and are empty.

I go online for trouble shooting. I go to the flash drives properties and run a error check and click to "automatically fix file system errors". Nothing happens. I run the chkdsk through Start - Run and reset my comp, still nothing happens and I get the same error message.

Please help! Either help me restore what was on the corrupted flash drive, or help me restore the excel files that are blank in my external harddrive.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.