Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

*first post in the forum - I hope this is the right place :X*

A month ago I had a problem with my Hard Drive and it had to be replaced. The computer guy backed up the files from my old HD on the new one although all software were deleted in the process.

Before the back up i had a working Flash CS3 copy installed but since my harddrive was malfunctioning I couldn't deactivate the Flash CS3 account before "uninstalling" the software. I've been trying to re-install the software now that my computer is back from the shop, and the installation goes well, but as soon as the software launches it crushes and give me a "Send an error report" window. When I try to Deactivate the account (from the Help menu) it fails and tell me I can keep on working flash on my comp - although it crushes as soon as I try to open a new project.

I'm afraid that the "account file" still exists but is corrupted by the file copy from one hard drive to another - and there for Flash opens and crushes but doesn't have enough access to the file for deactivating it.

I need help in finding and deactivating / deleting that file manually. I've installed Flash CS4 trail version - but that has the same problem with that corrupted file.

I'm running:
Win XP SP3
Intel Pentium 4 2.6ghz
2gb RAM.

I've tried deleting Flash and running CCleaner to clean my registry - but that didn't work. I'm really clueless and would appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Monoshluk. :4-spidey:

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,884 Posts
Try searching the registry for entries regarding flash. You also can try searching on the name of the flash exe file. Then simply remove any references to flash.

**NOTE - create a System Restore point before making any Registry changes...just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.