Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
really need help. University website uses flash, and my computer won't load any flash content :eek: (even after installing flash v9 and shockwave), not sure what to do.
Computer is a Compaq Presario F555AU (australian version), running Vista home premium SP1 with 2gb RAM.
thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
19,892 Posts
try tools - internet options - advanced tab, scroll down to multimedia and make sure play animations is selected. If thats not it...

what browser and version are you using? if msie, give firefox a try. This will help to find out if its your current browsers problem or something else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have Vista 32 bit, using IE - keep getting messages on YouTube and other sites that use Flash telling me to install newest version, but won't let it install or be used on my computer. Even went to the Macromedia site and tried - with internet options down, still no luck.

EDIT: I followed the suggestions in this thread, but same situation as poster above me. Everything checked correctly. Whenever I click on "install new player", I get the little beige bar at the top of the screen, and when I click on it, it gives me the choice to install DirectX control (not sure what that is, but it's the only way to move forward) - then I get the dreaded Vista "reminder" to see if I want to continue. YES, I want to continue... then nothing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My problem is some what different, once the web page has loaded, and the flash hasn't, and i go and right click where the flash should be i get the following:"movie not loaded" and "about Adobe Flash 9".
no idea how to fix?

·
Premium Member
19,892 Posts
I have Vista 32 bit, using IE - keep getting messages on YouTube and other sites that use Flash telling me to install newest version, but won't let it install or be used on my computer. Even went to the Macromedia site and tried - with internet options down, still no luck.

EDIT: I followed the suggestions in this thread, but same situation as poster above me. Everything checked correctly. Whenever I click on "install new player", I get the little beige bar at the top of the screen, and when I click on it, it gives me the choice to install DirectX control (not sure what that is, but it's the only way to move forward) - then I get the dreaded Vista "reminder" to see if I want to continue. YES, I want to continue... then nothing.
you need to start your own thread.

·
Premium Member
19,892 Posts
Why? My problem is the same, so I figured it would be better to consolodate the topic instead of start a new thread.
the problem is not the same. It is similar. it may not have the same solution and sometimes the solution for one may hurt the other. Its easier to give personal help to one at a time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well thanks for the help, in the end i had to reset my computer to factory settings :upset: , due to a different error (my dvd drive uninstalled itself and wouldn't reinstall :4-dontkno ), and now both problems are solved. I would have liked a less drastic solution, but beggars can't be choosers :laugh: .
thanks again for the advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.