Tech Support banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

On my Aspire-5536-2524 via a 2.0 PNY 16gb usb I installed the iso from manjaro and mounted it using rufus on windows now I want to get this working, but when I go through the installing booting on open source drivers this error pops up I’m unsure on how to deal with my specific case. I googled this error but I didn’t understand similar errors and their solution it seemed to not apply to me.
How can I install Manjaro Plasma?

·
Manager, - Alternative Computing, - Design
6,513 Posts
Hi! A couple of things I need to know before we dive too deep, I need to know your level of understanding with linux? Are you a complete beginner. Do you have moderate experience or are you a seasoned power user? It is nice to see that you have done a bunch of googling to see if you can come up with what is wrong, forgive me if I have you try things that you have either already tried or have already looked at. So the first thing I would like you to do is to check and make sure the md5 checksum for your .iso image is correct. You can do that by following the directions here. Once you have done that and everything checks out, I need to know if you are running UEFI bios on this laptop or if it is using the old bios version?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts