Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked the temps of my CPU and GPU, and they were bad. So I went and bought some compressed air, and cleaned it out. Fixed it right up, worked for about 20 mins, then suddenly froze.

Turning it back on resulted in a message that said something like
"Pheonix BIOS; Version: x
No bios Found."

Which confused me, since it said the version and stuff, but said it wasnt found- but anyway.

I restarted and now it just does nothing. Fans turn on, and stay on until I cut the power. Theres only the yellow light showing its powering up and nothing else.

What I assume happened is some liquid from the air got on the MoBo, but I dont even know if that would ruin it our not.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I did. I mean, I didnt even disconnect anything but fans, but even still I looked.

Also; I noticed some stuff talking about interpreting the beeps, but it doesnt (didnt), make any noise. I just tried it a few more times and for some reason it worked and turned on like normal

Still, incase it happens again, any idea whats wrong?

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts
please list the make and model of the pc? if its a custom build please list all parts including power supply.

go into tne BIOS and post your voltages and temperatures

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,520 Posts
It is quite possible you wet something on the board if you overdid it and then it dried and it now works.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
The liquid in canned air is just a propellant and won't damage the Mobo. The most likely scenario is as Rich-M suggests.

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,520 Posts
The liquid in canned air is just a propellant and won't damage the Mobo. The most likely scenario is as Rich-M suggests.
Right the wetness will not necessarily harm anything and then dry and all should work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.