Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i just recently took interest in computers and started reading and decided to attempt my first build. im open to any suggestions or advice in selecting a video card.

so these are the items purchased for the build:
amd phenom II x6 1090t black edition
asrock 890gxpro3
lg blu-ray rewritable 12x
vertex2 120gb
caviar green 1tb
+ power supply and rosewill case
going to be running windows 7

if there is any other info you need let me know im very new to all of this. ive lived off gaming systems since i was a kid and decided to learn a bit more about computers and it also sounded fun

thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you ill check those out. i may look further into power supplies. i really want to have a very nice build. money isnt really an issue its more my knowledge. i really want to learn as much as i can.i just dont know where to start

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
If money isn't an issue I would return the power supply because it's holding you back on the gpu front. Go for somthing like a corsair 750/850w.

Not only that , but really if money isn't an issue , I would return the motherboard too. Asrock is a cheaper motherboard company and isn't really known fro there quality. Something from gigabyte or asus would be much better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right on. it started out as a budget purchase... just something to help me learn but the more ive got into it id rather just build a very fast very nice pc. id rather shell out the bucks and do it up the first time. just how i am with anything i ever do. the power supply the processor and mother board were what he advised me before i really started cramming and trying to figure things out.

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
Honestly , those are the things that need changing the most.

Th motherboard isn't good quality

The six core cpu is basically useless unless your going to be encoding video or doing some other kind or folding or something.

And the psu was too small.

Head over to the building section and look over our builds in this sticky

http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...evised-2011-and-updated-regularly-448272.html

We literally have a TEAM of people designing and updating those builds to be the best they can. Much better then one single person steering you in the wrong direction.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
To add to emosun's excellent advice, do you really need a Blu-Ray burner?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.