Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first thing I want to know is with building my PC, is. I already have My Tower in mind. Now, would all of my components fit and, be compatible with it. So I am building around My Tower.

My Tower is a NZXT Crafted Series ATX Full Tower Steel Chassis. I have not selected, My Motherboard yet. I have My Video Card, Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2 GB DDR5 DL-DVI-I/SL-DVI-D/HDMI/Dual Mini DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 100312SR only. Because I want a great PC for gaming. Yet my budget is around $1300.

So is there any assistance I can gain by anyone that would be excellent! Thank you for taking the time to read and maybe help me out with this little info I have given you.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Well the tower is more of a personal prefrence imho, since it's a full tower any size motherboard will fit except itx. What cpu are you looking at? Since you are wanting a good stable system with upgrade options I would try for using quality parts like we have listed in our suggested builds. The link is in my sig, for a power supply go with a min of 650 watt corsair or seasonic. The psu is not an item to skimp on and if you get a quality unit it will protect your investment for years rather than over volting componest when its pushed like cheap and low qaulity units from mfgs like antech and lite-on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thank you for the response. I am really new to building my own PC. I like to have support on an important project such as this! I have looked around and I think that I will go with this processor. I will choose the Intel Core i7-870 2.93GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor. But rightnow I have to go. I will answer anymore necessary question. Cause I'm new to building. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me!

Greatfully,
Wiredwolf

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
We can offer all the assistance required. When you have a list of all the hardware, post it and we can advise accordingly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These components are what I have that total to under $1500. I can do this with my income tax return and, I am getting a bonus from work. So I can make this work?

Case - (amazon.com)
NZXT Crafted Series ATX Full Tower -------------------------------->$139.82
Motherboard - (pricewatch.com)
EVGA 170-BL-E762 -------------------------------------------------->$379.99
CPU - (amazon.com)
Intel Core i7-870 --------------------------------------------------->$289.99
Power Supply - (amazon.com&pricewatch.com)
Thermaltake TR2 TRX-1200 1200W ATX12v ----------------------->$189.99
Graphics Card - (amazon.com)
Sapphire Radeon HD 2GB DDR5 DL-DVI/SL-DVI-D/HDMI -------->$279.99
Disc Drive - (pricewatch.com)
Samsung SH-B123L 12X Blu Ray & DVD Player -------------------->$87.00
Hard Drive - (pricewatch.com)
Hitachi Global Storage HD5721010CLA332 0F10383 -------------->$49.95
RAM Memory - (amazon.com) X2
Kingston Tech ValuRAM 4GB Desktop Memory 4 DDR3 1333MHz ->$41.50
Sound Card - (pricewatch.com)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtream Sound Card SB0070 ---------->$29.95
Operating System - (amazon.com)
Windows 7 Home Premium ----------------------------------------->$179.99

Total: $1488.18

This is all that I have researched and would like to be in my PC. Take a look let me know if it will all work together, thank you!

·
Registered
52 Posts
If it was me

If I was building my first I would use one of the builds from the build post 2011. The only thing I would do different is use a Modular power supply and maybe go up 100 watts for up grades. Everyone has a case they like better. Me I like a case with fans and easy to change hard drives. I like Asus MB and AMD(I am retired and don't have a lot of money Known the bios in Asus and have always had good luck with them). But go with the brands they have listed. You have a good name Video card shoud be fine. Maybe more than you need. But my PC is always more than I need. But I like to OC just for fun.
Good Luck and God Bless Johnny

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
What's with the "God bless Johnny" ..............................what did you do that's troubling you so?

This is a computer forum; the religion forum is two doors down the hall to the right.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
What you listed should work together but you could do considerably better for less money as shown in our suggested builds list that I linked to in Post #6.
Our $1200 ($1162.91) Intel build would be a better value and uses better quality hardware.
In the end, your money-your decision.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.