Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just changed my FireWire cable. I used to be able to just plug it in and it would detect and it was fine for Windows Movie Maker. Now I plug in nothing happends. I even try the switch off pc and camera then put all on still no luck. I have a Dell computer. I'm more than sure the Firewire is not built in because I got 4 at the bottom back, looks like a card to me if it's 4 in a row at the back. I also got 1 in the front, thats the one i'm using but I tryed all 5. No luck. I read something about delete the BOIS cache if I have a Dell computer? I have no idea i've tryed everything I need to get this working for Christmas any ideas, whould be great thanks. :grin:

·
Registered
88 Posts
the little wires inside your pc that connect the firewire slots on the outside to the firewire connectors on the mobo are probably loose or something. check 'em. if not, well, your firewire controller's a *******.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Hi TheCase,

Do you have any firewire on the motherboard? Does your camera light up to indicate that it is reciving power from the firewire port?

If it is a firewire card, reseat it in the PCI slot and try again

If it is just an expansion card that is plugged into the motherboard, make sure it is connected to the motherboard properly.

If all else fails, you can always pick up another firewire card from a local electronics store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.