Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking in Download.Com I noticed a software program to install as an add-on to FireFox2. The software was IE Tab. I was wondering whether this software would allow online banking with bill pay from Bank of America. Right now I haven't downloaded FireFox 2 as yet;but with this IE TabI could possibly do away with IE7 and go to FireFox2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

·
Registered
329 Posts
IE tab is a popular Firefox extension but if you want to install Firefox extensions, it's best to get them from the Mozilla Add-ons site.

IE Tab opens Internet Explorer inside of the Firefox Browser Window. You can't actually do away with IE even if the extension is installed. Using IE Tab within Firefox would mean that you don't need to open IE separately if you don't want to though. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be OK for banking. Give it a try. In practice, using IE on its own is still convenient sometimes. For checking Windows Update for instance.

I use IE Tab but notice that it is on Firefox's list of problematic extensions as causing a memory leak. I've often thought that IE View is better. It's just as easy to use in my opinion.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
I've had no problems with the regular IE tabs extension and have been using that instead of IE in Windows for a while. I think you will should stick with that unless you encounter troubles.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Mozilla recommends IE View Lite 1.25 as IE tab has compatibility/stability associated with it. I found in Mozilla official forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.