Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
firefox is refusing to load facebook. every other web page in the world seems to be loading except facebook only while using firefox. i can log in using internet explorer. what do i need to do to fix this?

· Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For starters, you can clear Facebook's data (cache, cookies etc) from Firefox and try again.

sorry ive been working on it for about an hour now since i woke up and kinda made the post out of fustration. i have tried clearing cache and cookies also tried in safe mode and resetting firefox still wont load facebook

· Super Moderator
5,868 Posts
sorry ive been working on it for about an hour now since i woke up and kinda made the post out of fustration. i have tried clearing cache and cookies also tried in safe mode and resetting firefox still wont load facebook
Your TSF profile says you're running Windows 7. Is that the case? Which version of Firefox are you using? Which security software do you have on your computer? What exactly happens when you try to visit facebook.com? Are you receiving some error message perhaps?

· Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
im using firefox Version 66.0.3 (64-bit) the newest version i use microsoft security essentials and run malwarebytes free every so often. i have uploaded an image of how facebook loads when i try to open it. and it seems to be only facebook that is affected everytihng els still loads properly.

Attachments

· Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmmm cant seem to edit the last post. another thing should have mentioned is that facebook worked last ngiht when went to sleep and this morning was not loading. i did not install anything to make it stop working while i was sleeping.

· Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update i just kept refreshing the page all morning and its working now. not sure what the deal was. i know facebook wasent down because it loaded on my phone and other pc and not sure why it wouldent load on main pc but it is now and all i did was refresh the page for an hour and a half every once and a while

· Super Moderator
5,868 Posts
update i just kept refreshing the page all morning and its working now. not sure what the deal was. i know facebook wasent down because it loaded on my phone and other pc and not sure why it wouldent load on main pc but it is now and all i did was refresh the page for an hour and a half every once and a while
It's wise to have a reliable alternative browser to use when your main one is misbehaving. Chrome and Opera are great. I.E really shouldn't be in use as an alternative. Good to know it's back to working now. You can mark the thread as solved via the Thread Tools option above.

· Registered
Hardware/Windows
278 Posts
On 15-16/04/2019 here Facebook was obviously modified by Facebook.. I had my page telling me "Welcome to Facebook" with no friend posts of any form.. My wife the same. Also 2 of my customers rand to ask why this was happening.. It has to have been down to FB making some of their much vaunted security mods. Later the same day everything sorted itself out.

I quote both dates because 1604 here AM is 1504 pm in the US

I will also add that it did actually open FB.. the pic you sent was actually a TEXT version of the normal graphical image of FB.. just headings, no embellishments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.