Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a recent occurrence, last couple of days I think. I'm finding that parts of pages I'm looking at are greyed out. I'm pretty much only using the net for research so I've only noticed that some of the logs on different sites I'm looking at have parts of the log greyed out in blocks. I don't know if its something that happens with other sorts of sites or pages.

I've just checked a current hjt log here using IE after I found part of the 17th post greyed out with Firefox and it wasn't in IE. I'm sorry if this is common and already covered here, my search terms were difficult to figure out and returned no replies.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on fixing it.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Have you installed any new Firefox themes? Sometimes I get a large grey block at the bottom of the screen when I switch to a theme that is not specifically supported by Firefox 1.0.6. See if there are any updates. Restoring then maximizing the window usually solves it (if it's theme-related).

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That was quick! Thanks but no I haven't installed anything (don't know how to actually) but you've given me something to check which I hadn't done - how firefox is on my other pc.

My other pc had the same thing but the greyed out part had moved on both pcs to post 15.

Just tried the restore and maximise thing and that worked fine - its now gone. I guess I'll have to investigate themes - and what might have caused this without me installing anything.

Many thanks for that. Not much good me trying to find things out when I'm missing bits to look at!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.