Add-ons is the new name used by Firefox 2 for extensions. If you're using Firefox 1.5 or earlier, it will be Tools > Extensions. Right click the ActiveX extension/add-on and select uninstall. Then restart Firefox to complete the process.
Should you want to uninstall the ActiveX plugin, the process is simple - only four files need to be manually deleted from the Firefox program folder.
* Close all instances of Firefox
* Go to the Firefox program folder (the location you installed Firefox to). The default location in Windows is 'C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\'
* Go into the plugins folder and delete the file 'npmozax.dll'
* Go back to the Firefox program folder, and then go into the components folder, and delete the files 'nsIMozAxPlugin.xpt' & 'nsAxSecurityPolicy.js'.
* Go back to the Firefox program folder, and then go into the defaults\pref folder, and delete the file 'activex.js'.
A forum community dedicated to tech experts and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about articles, computer security, Mac, Microsoft, Linux, hardware, networking, gaming, reviews, accessories, and more!