Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded to FF 4 and when I go to send a link it is opening Outlook as it should but when Outlook opens, FF then opens a second email client that is part of my Forte Agent newsreader application. The funny thing is that I NEVER use that email app myself. In Windows 7 I checked my default programs settings and for sure I have the "mailto" protocol set to Outlook with no mention anywhere of the Agent email program.

Oddly, when I first looked into Options under the Application tab and check out "mailto" I found it set to the default of "Use Forte Agent." I didn't even find Outlook listed as an email client so I added it manually and set it to be the choice instead of the Agent program. I was unable to change the default setting or to delete that choice. That's what caused me to try to make a change using using about:configuration. I didn't have any luck there either.

With no success in any of the configuration changes I decided to look for the term "mailto" in my registry. I came up with a long list of entries with several making reference to Forte Agent. I didn't go any further with the registry because with this particular problem I don't have enough knowledge to analyze what I am seeing. To be totally honest I don't know where the problem originated. I have to say it started with FF 4 or its first update because I never had the problem before that.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. I'm using Windows 7 Pro. 64bit on a home built machine that has an Intel Quad core I5 processor and 8 GB of RAM.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.