Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Can you elaborate on what this new message is in relation to please?

The link takes us to MozillaZine Firefox forums.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
For some reason I already had it in the menu and there's no such extension I installed (even if I did it would be incompatible as the max any of my extensions were compatible till was version 2.0).

·
Registered
327 Posts
This reason is given for leaving the mail icon out of Firefox 2.0. I don't have the mail extension installed because I find it just as easy to launch the e-mail program from the Windows 'Quick Launch' toolbar. Many prefer it integrated into the browser though.

I haven't tried the 'Get Mail' extension with 2.0.0.1 but Mr Tech Local Install is good for automatically bumping up extension versions to make them compatible. It doesn't always work but mostly does. It saves manually changing the version number in the extension's 'install.rdf' file.

Turning off the browser's extensions compatibility check can work too. I have done this in Minefield to see if some extensions will work this way.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you elaborate on what this new message is in relation to please?

The link takes us to MozillaZine Firefox forums.
When I wanted to open my default email to send a message, FF 1.5 had a 'new message' button and that was left out of FF 2.0 I have posted the answer.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Thanks for letting us know. I use the shortcut keys I've assigned to open my mail or the Quick Launch feature for all my Fx and Tb versions.

Yes many extensions worked with Minefield after using Mr Tech or Nightly Tester Tool... but most of mine were incompatible in Firefox 3.0 Alpha 1, Thunderbird 2.0 Beta 1 and Thunderbird Community Edition Mahowi (2.0 Alpha 1) and with Thunderbird 3.0. They present a massive toolbar at the bottom with red writing inside; an obvious sign of extension faulting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.