Tech Support Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,903 Posts
Yep, I'm not having any problem with FF in full screen mode, move to the top and the "missing" buttons show up like magic.
Ditto! Firefox 102.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) with all updates applied.

1) Hit [F11] to get Firefox full-screen
2) Move the mouse cursor to the top of the screen and the top bar (sans the Bookmarks) that disappeared when I hit [F11] suddenly reappears.

· Registered
Hardware/Windows
278 Posts
Ditto! Firefox 102.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) with all updates applied.

1) Hit [F11] to get Firefox full-screen
2) Move the mouse cursor to the top of the screen and the top bar (sans the Bookmarks) that disappeared when I hit [F11] suddenly reappears.
I have not ever seen a problem with Fullscreen mode.. and also can, with the cursor/mouse, shut down with top right buttons.. but I am of the opinion too many seem to totally rely on the mouse for control... My wife is legally blind.. and we have a 32inch screen for her with very large font set up.. She cannot see the "buttons" at top right, and even my Custom bright orange mouse cursor(Very large) is difficult for her.. so she is now filally learning the keypresses needed for getting out of things, closing windows, etc... and various other useful things... So to be as lazy as to expect the mouse to do everything is just that... Earlier it was stated... F11... well, how do you get into Fullscreen mode? I have never bothered to look for a Mouse-led command... just F11.. both in and out.. using a mouse requires a lot more effort.....unless you don't have working arms!!

I am using 102.0.1 also, on 11, not 10, and with no real issues so far.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I have not ever seen a problem with Fullscreen mode.. and also can, with the cursor/mouse, shut down with top right buttons.. but I am of the opinion too many seem to totally rely on the mouse for control... My wife is legally blind.. and we have a 32inch screen for her with very large font set up.. She cannot see the "buttons" at top right, and even my Custom bright orange mouse cursor(Very large) is difficult for her.. so she is now filally learning the keypresses needed for getting out of things, closing windows, etc... and various other useful things... So to be as lazy as to expect the mouse to do everything is just that... Earlier it was stated... F11... well, how do you get into Fullscreen mode? I have never bothered to look for a Mouse-led command... just F11.. both in and out.. using a mouse requires a lot more effort.....unless you don't have working arms!!

I am using 102.0.1 also, on 11, not 10, and with no real issues so far.
Howdy everyone, just back from vacation. I made this screen shot to dazzle everyone who thinks this is somehow imaginary or impossible. I assure you it is quite a real nuisance. Tomorrow I will try some of the tips left here. My thanks to you all.
Screen Video Here

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,780 Posts
If the video is supposed to show the original problem then I'm 90% sure it's an add-on that's causing it.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
If the video is supposed to show the original problem then I'm 90% sure it's an add-on that's causing it.
Okay, I'm running ghostery, ad blocker ultimate and tampermonkey with a youtube sign in script running. So far I have switched off all three and doesn't seem to make any difference. I was running all three of these for a long while before this problem cropped up.
Thanks.

33,780 Posts
Look at all your FF plug-ins, themes and extensions. I'll bet there's more than you mention.

11,903 Posts

11,903 Posts
Okay, then try clicking Firefox's Hamburger Menu (three stacked horizontal lines) over on the right, then Help > Troubleshoot Mode > then click the blue Restart button on the pop-up that looks like this:
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

11,903 Posts

11,903 Posts
And yet another way is when you don't see the File Menu at the top, press [Alt][H] to bring the Menu up with "Help" highlighted, then hit [M] for "Troubleshoot Mode".

33,780 Posts
Well this is fun. How about in Command Prompt>C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode or start firefox -safe-mode depending on version.

11,903 Posts

11,903 Posts
41 - 60 of 60 Posts