Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what i need is....

you know how you go to a site like packetnews.com and you search for a file and you click the link and mIRC opens up and that link automatically copies itself to your clipboard and then all you need to do is hit "ctrl+v" in IRC? well, with FireFox 1.06, you cant do that... as you know, FireFox doesnt copy anything to the clipboard when you click the link, you have to manually highlight and copy the link yourself... can someone please help me out with whatever it is i need to download so i dont have this problem anymore?

·
Registered
560 Posts
PassItOn said:
what i need is....

you know how you go to a site like packetnews.com and you search for a file and you click the link and mIRC opens up and that link automatically copies itself to your clipboard and then all you need to do is hit "ctrl+v" in IRC? well, with FireFox 1.06, you cant do that... as you know, FireFox doesnt copy anything to the clipboard when you click the link, you have to manually highlight and copy the link yourself... can someone please help me out with whatever it is i need to download so i dont have this problem anymore?
AFAIK that behaviour is pretty much restricted to IRC and Trillian etc. I don't know of any browsers that copy a link to the clipboard when clicked.

There's an extension you could use called Copy Link Name, is that what you're after?

Others:
Copy Link Text.
Auto Copy
Copy URL Plus

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.