Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
13,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a good thing to export the bookmarks to a different folder and uninstall Fire Fox, then reinstall and import the bookmarks?
I'm only asking cause I screwed up the spell check and did this, only to discover that FF works better now then it did before

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
It won't do any harm. All you're doing is backing up the bookmarks, then restoring them. If you have hundreds of bookmarks, then moving and restoring them would defragment the bookmarks.html file, which could account for some slight speed increase.

If Firefox is running better now than before you reinstalled, it could be due to having fewer addons installed.

Did you upgrade to a newer version of Firefox?

Are you using all the same addons/extensions as before?

If the only difference between the old and new installation is that you've now deleted a spell check addon or disabled the spell check feature, then that could be the reason for Firefox feeling faster.

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
13,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its running faster but yea I downloaded all the extensions I had before and installed the plug-in and persona's, and my one and only theme that's different from the stock one, I didn't upgrade FF any I already had the latest and greatest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.