Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Corel Suite 8 on my Acer laptop and am running Windows XP media centre edition. I may have accidentally deleted the Wordperfect 8 program. Is there any way I can get it back without buying another copy and reinstalling it.

JohnDL

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hi langfordj!!

Can you verify further the issue? Did you deleted or uninstalled the program? Or did you mean you deleted the icons?

If you mentioning that you actually uninstall the programs, you may try system restore as an options, but there is no guarantee you can get the program again. You might want to give it a try and see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I think I deleted the program into the recycle bin and then inadvertantly emptied the recycled bin. JohnDL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Thanks for the info. I'm new at this and left out some info. Here we go again.

From my desktop screen, I would click on the Wordperfect folder and it would open up to the wordperfect document but I could never get the cursor to come up. Thus, I could not get into File or other pages. Then after about 15 seconds the wordperfect page would close automatically and I'd be returned to the desktop screen.

I did go into Acer C files and found the Corel WordPerfect Suite 8 folder and when I opened it up I went to the wordperfect 8 folder and clicked and the page would open but then could not get the cursor and then the page would close and return me back t ot the desktop. In the WP suite 8 folder I could open other folders but not the wp 8 one.

sorry for leaving some info out. JohnDL

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hi again langfordj!!

It seems like the application is corrupted. When you mention Then after about 15 seconds the wordperfect page would close automatically and I'd be returned to the desktop screen.,did you mean that the windows closed automatically?It is the windows that get closed, not the applications that appear and closed automatically, right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi
I thought I may have had a low grade virus but I think I solved the problem. What happened to cause the problem, I have no idea, but it is fixed now and I can get into WP8 file. Here what I did:

I went to Acer C drive, clicked, then went to a Corel folder, clicked, then went to Suite 8 folder, clicked, then found Corel WordPerfect Expert shortcut folder, double clicked and a window came up with Wordperct 8 title and then I clicked the create tab and WP 8 window came up and I could get into it. I closed down everything and retried WP8 and it worked again. So far so good. I may take my lap top in to get serviced just in case I have some low grade virus. Just to be sure. Anyway thanks for you help.
JohnDL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.