Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was scanning my computer i noticed a lot of files with movie titles in them so i stopped the scan and saw the location which was c:\windows\fonts\'

so i checked my fonts folder but there was no subfolder found and when i right clicked for properties the hidded was grayed out. so i got on command prompt and looked it up and deleted the over 2000 files that were created.

i re-started and scan on my computer again a few hours later and noticed more movie titles in the same folder. i go back on command prompt and there are 300 new files.

i delete those and this morning there are 700 new files, i delete those too.

is there a way i could stop this or do i need to just reboot my computer?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Hi, welcome to TSF

It sounds like your computer is infected and being used by file sharers as a zombie, meaning they store and share movies on your hard drive, usually in a hidden folder.

What size are the files? Are they numbered sequentially or actual movie titles?

Are you logged on with Admin rights? Are you connected via a router? Wireless? Do you have a software firewall installed and configured correctly? What security software do you have, and is it up to date and run regularly?

Please follow the instructions here (5 pages) and then post all the requested logs in a new thread here for the security analysts to look at. If you have any trouble running any of the scans, leave them and move onto the next.

The security forum is always busy, so please be patient and you will receive a reply as soon as possible. If you go to Thread Tools > Subscribe at the top of your new thread you will receive an email as soon as a reply is posted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.