Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings all,

I've got several "user accounts" set up on my XP pro computer (some with administrator access, others with default user access). My question is: Is there an easy way to transfer the "My Documents" files from one account to the other, or, preferably get one account to have access to the files in another account? The file transfer wizard seems only to think I want to transfer between computers, but not between accounts on the same computer. I'd rather not recopy the files to the other accounts, anyway, as that seems to use up the hard drive quite a bit faster. So, in the end, I'd really just like one user account to have access to the documents of another user account.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey Croaker,

Just share the files you want to share. Add the user accounts you want to see the files and share it. Right click the file and go to the properties option. Then go to the sharing tab. Click share this folder. Go to the permissions option and choose the users you want. You could give the users limited use of the file (like read only).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.