Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
File Save or File Save As dialog boxes a VERY slow

In Firefox (v72.0.2), when I open a File Save or File Save As dialog box, these dialog boxes open VERY slowly and navigating around my system within these Dialog Boxes is painfully slow. This does NOT happen when in other programs or the Opera browser. It ONLY happens in Firefox.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Re: File Save or File Save As dialog boxes a VERY slow

yes. I recently reinstalled windows from scratch and had to in reinstall all my programs (my Document is on a separate drive from the OS)

· Super Moderator
5,868 Posts

In Firefox (v72.0.2), when I open a File Save or File Save As dialog box, these dialog boxes open VERY slowly and navigating around my system within these Dialog Boxes is painfully slow. This does NOT happen when in other programs or the Opera browser. It ONLY happens in Firefox.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64
yes. I recently reinstalled windows from scratch and had to in reinstall all my programs (my Document is on a separate drive from the OS)
Please don't start multiple threads on the same matter. If you're having trouble finding the threads you started, check your email for the notifications from TSF and use the links in them to access the thread. I've merged the new thread with the old.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Please don't start multiple threads on the same matter. If you're having trouble finding the threads you started, check your email for the notifications from TSF and use the links in them to access the thread. I've merged the new thread with the old.
VERY sorry, I forgot I had asked my question in techsupportforum.com. Before posting my "new" issue a 2nd time, I did a search in this forum to see if I had posted here, before, but did not see anything resembling my original post so I went ahead and posted my question (which turned out to be a duplicate). Again Sorry.

Hopefully, I can get this issue resolved, this time.

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,796 Posts
As I stated in a previous post, you need to create a new FF profile.

33,796 Posts
Tools>Options>General. Where do you save your files to?

33,796 Posts
The default is "Downloads". If you can accept that, it's fast.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.