Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
On my home PC, when I try to download a file within Firefox (any recent version) on Windows 10 Home, the File | Save As window is VERY slow to open, often taking up to 30 seconds to open. Then, it takes about 10 seconds to open a folder, for every folder I have to navigate through, to get to the folder where I want to save the file. I do NOT have this issue on my work PC, running Firefox on Windows 10 Enterprise. How do I fix this? thanks

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,796 Posts
It takes a little work to go to each Folder>Properties and optimize it for its purpose, i.e. Documents> Music, Pictures etc. On the other hand, you might just need more RAM which I can't tell because you haven't posted your System Specs.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Corday, I have 32GB of RAM and about 40% free space on my Samsung 960 EVO 500GB boot drive. I am saving files to a Micron 2TB SATA SSD which has about 30% free space on it.

I have already gone through and optimized all my folders.

33,796 Posts
Right Click "Start">Run>Firefox.exe -safe-mode. After restart, if all is fine, then it's an Add-on, Theme or Extension in FF which we can find via a process of elimination.

33,796 Posts
Moving thread from Windows 10 to a Firefox Forum.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Corday, first of all Happy Thanksgiving.

Second, I created a brand new profile with NO add-in or extensions and STILL have the a very slow response to anything dealing with File | Save, or anything that opens a windows file activity window. What else can I try to fix this problem? I have similar add-ins on my PC at my office and do NOT have this problem. At hime I am using Windows 10 Home and at my office, I use Windows Enterprise. would this impact my situation?

33,796 Posts
Did you follow all 3 suggestions in the "Chosen Solutions"?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I do NOT have this (File | Save or File | Save As) problem when I use Opera, so I think that it might not be a Windows problem, but rather a Firefox problem

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, I opened One Drive. Not sure what i was supposed to do, so i went to download.com and tried downloading some random program to my local One Drive folder. Did not see anything different than before opening One Drive. Navigating to the desired folder in the File Save dialog box is still SLOW.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.