Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to save an html file on my desktop so that I can open it in browser. I have created file using notepad

1) When I am saving this file as test.html, with type as "all types", its getting saved only as a text file. "e" icon does not appear on the saved file

2) When I am saving this file as "test.html" (with double quotes around it, trying to force the extension on file), its still the same result with type as "all types", its getting saved only as a text file. "e" icon does not appear on the saved file

3) When I am saving this file as "test.html" (with double quotes around it, trying to force the extension on file), its still the same result with type as "text", its getting saved only as a text file. "e" icon does not appear on the saved file

4) When I am saving this file as 'test.html' (with single quotes around it, trying to force the extension on file), its still the same result with type as "all types", its getting saved only as a text file. "e" icon does not appear on the saved file

5) When I am saving this file as 'test.html' (with single quotes around it, trying to force the extension on file), its still the same result with type as "text file", its getting saved only as a text file. "e" icon does not appear on the saved file

I have tried it all the different ways, but still i can not save this file as HTML file. Why is that ? How can I save file as an HTML file using notepad ?
I am using windows 7

Thanks.

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,396 Posts
Hi -

#1 is the correct method - save the Notepad with the file name test.html, select "all files" then click on the "Save" button.

Please try it again, then run the following cmd/DOS command so we can see what is inside the Desktop folder -
START | Run | type cmd | Paste the following -
Code:
[FONT=Lucida Console]dir "%userprofile%\desktop" > 1 & start notepad 1[/FONT]
Hit Enter key if necessary.

A Notepad will open with the results. Paste the contents into your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.