Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I cant get my mp3 files to open with thier default prog (WMP). When I click on the file it gives me an error message saying that it does not have a program associated with it and to create one. Well, Im not new to this simple task and when I go through the motions, (In Windows Explorer: Tools/ Folder Options/ File Types/ Highlight MP3;Shows that the file is already set to open and play with WMP;I select Advanced anyway, highlight open and click OK
;Like always, the files in explorer flicker once as to acknowledge the file association;I then click on my favorite MP3 and get the same error message;Yes I restarted my computer)
it just keeps giving me the same message.

Other files open fine with thier default program just fine. Its a new computer if that matters.

Thanks

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Try from the other end of the horse. :)

Open WMP, Tools, Options, Formats, and choose the formats you want WMP to play.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

I tried that early on. MP3 was checked of course... so I unchecked it, clicked OK then closed the program. Re-opened the prog, checked it, OK'd and closed again.

Still same error message.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Hmm... I'd find MP3 in the file associations and kill off any associations that exist, then try WMP configuration again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.