Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
So I have a computer that is hooked up to a modem and a wireless router and a computer that has a wireless adapter. I need to set up a way that these two computers can printer and file share. The problem is is that I have done it before but when i do it now it doesnt work. My wirless computer cant see that printer or any shared folders. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!!

Mike

·
Banned
308 Posts
Hey,

Your printer needs to be connected to the wireless router. (Please forgive any information that is not 100% accurate as I'm going entirely from memory and don't have a Win XP system in front of me) You'll have to go to add a printer, and you'll have to go to tcp/ip. I can't remember whether Windows will automatically assign an IP addres or if you have to manually assign one. I believe you'll have to assign one. Finish adding the printer. Make sure that in the properties that you share this printer. Go to network connections control panel on the laptop. Choose the wireless adapter and right-click properties. Select the general tab and make sure that both the "Client for Microsoft Networks" and "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Network" boxes are checked. Then select the Advanced tab and click the Windows Firewall Settings button. If the firewall is enabled, use the Exceptions tab to make sure that "File and Printer Sharing" is checked. Then use the add printer wizard on the laptop using the information you added previously to the desktop PC. Let me know how that works for you as I have never added a printer wirelessly, only hard wire on a network.

Regards,

Brandon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.