Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have similar problem to the post below, but slightly different line of questioning...I didn't want to hijack his thread so heres my problem.

I want to be able to share the printer on my desktop throughout my wireless network. (two laptops.)

I can't seem to get the laptops to show up on my network places under view workgroup computers.

We are connected on a wireless router network through linksys.

Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well I figured out how to ping...and laptop can ping the desktop succesfully...

Now what?

Is there anyway to delete the current workgroup I have assigned my computer?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Be nice if im wrong, but...

I want to print from my laptop..so I want to be able to see the desktop computer on my laptops network places...so isnt the problem direction pinging the desktop?

I will see if I can ping the laptop when I get home....but what do I do next?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figured that much...but on the same token I cant get the desktop to show up on the laptops network places....

So what do I do? It pings no problem yet I cant view my desktop computer on the network places.

·
Citizen of the world
51,137 Posts
You're in the networking section already. :smile:

Can you give us the make/model of the router, and the version and patch level of Windows on one of the laptops with the problem? Also, can any machine see the shared files on the desktop?

How about connecting a laptop with a wire to the router, does that change the situation?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I meant network support under the networking forum. I thought I would get more help there, and feel the post belongs there also.

The router is a linksys WRT54G v.2

All computers are running windows xp home edition. I dont know the patch. (how do i find this out?)

No machine can see any other machine period. No files printers not even view each other under view workgroup computers.

I havent tried wired...I can try that tonight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.