Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.What does RTM stand for?
2.When does vista come out?
3.If I buy the upgrade can it just see that I have XP installed and do a fresh installation without keeping my xp files?
4.I do not have a tv tuner card and my video card DOES support aero so should I get Home basic or prenium?

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
1.What does RTM stand for?
Possibly Remote Task Manager

2.When does vista come out?
Microsoft has stated that the scheduled release date for worldwide availability is January 30, 2007.

3.If I buy the upgrade can it just see that I have XP installed and do a fresh installation without keeping my xp files?
An upgrade is just that, it upgrades to the newer O.S. keeing your information intact.

4.I do not have a tv tuner card and my video card DOES support aero so should I get Home basic or prenium?
Microsoft will release six versions of the Windows Vista - three versions of Vista, will be for home users, two will be for businesses and one will be for emerging markets.

The six Windows Vista variants are: Windows Starter 2007; Windows Vista Enterprise; Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista ultimate, and Windows Vista Business.
Read HERE

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1931506,00.asp

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
RTM= release to manufacturing[computer builders]
a upgrade disk is the same as a full disk,the only difference being the upgrade disk will ask you to insert your previous version disk to prove you are eledgible for the cheaper upgrade pricing
you can perform a upgrade or clean install with it
if you buy the home version and find you would like the premium one you will be able to get the upgrade files from ms,they have not said what the cost is but it will be a lot cheaper than buying it again
the key you enter decides which version installs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.