Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each time after I start my computer and do a registry scan I find that the file 'Fee5e75c.tmp' has been generated
If I use a registry cleaner and use the 'clean' option it gets rid of it but only until the next start up.
Could this be a file installed by Windows XP and if not how can I get rid of it permanently.
I don't know enough to use 'regedit' to do it.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
I agree, Scan your pc with 2 of these free online scanners:
Panda ActiveScan
RAV AntiVirus
Housecall Be sure to put a check the box beside AutoClean.

If your still having issues Download and install: HiJackThis.

(Always create a Folder for HiJackThis anywhere but your Temp/Temporary Internet Folders or Desktop. A good place to make a folder would be in My Documents, as this is where it will save the backup files needed if there's a problem.)

Then doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Do A System Scan And Save Log". Make sure all Windows and Browsers are closed.
When the scan is finished, best to save your text file in the same folder as where you put HiJackthis.

IMPORTANT!!!
Create a New Topic and include a fresh HJT log in the HiJackThisLog Help Forum and Copy/Paste the info from your saved Hijackthis log file into your new topic.

A Moderator/ Security Team Analyst will give you instructions.

***DO NOT TRY TO FIX ANYTHING, MAJOR DAMAGE CAN BE DONE TO YOUR SYSTEM IF THIS TOOL IS USED INCORRECTLY, PLEASE WAIT FOR AN ANALYST/MODERATOR TO GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS***

Always describe your problem and any programs you have used to try to resolve your issue. Your description can go a long way to solving/repairing your particular issue.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm afraid I am not game enough to tackle ' Create a New Topic and include a fresh HJT log in the HiJackThisLog Help Forum and Copy/Paste the info from your saved Hijackthis log file into your new topic.'
I haven't enough computer knowledge.
I couldn't scan with the 3 online scanners as I had trouble with them
I am using the latest versions of Ad-Aware & Mcafee anti virus.
Scanning with either of these finds no viruses.
As to HiJackthis I am in the dark.
'Fee5e75c.tmp' doesn't appear to be doing any harm. It is only when I do a registry scan using 'Registry Fix' that I know it exists.
I can clean it using this program and it causes no problems or I can just delete or ignore it and get no problems.
I am just curious to know why this file generates on each Startup.
Thanks to all those that tried to help.
Keith

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
Hi Keith
Just a couple of quick quetions
What sort of trouble did you have with the online scans?
What part of Australia are you from? We might be able to talk you through with this on the phone.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brian,
It's not worth the cost of phone cals unless you happen to live in Pt. Pirie S Aus.
I'm not on broadband, I'm an aged pensioner and cannot afford it, and with a slow speed it took too long to use the free online scanners. I couldn't get "Panda ActiveScan" or 'RAV AntiVirus ' to open and 'Housecall' seemed to be in an endless loop.
Besides I have the latest versions of 'Ad-Aware ' and Mcafee AV ' and they didn't pick it up as a threat.

Keith

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
chequer said:
I'm afraid I am not game enough to tackle ' Create a New Topic and include a fresh HJT log in the HiJackThisLog Help Forum and Copy/Paste the info from your saved Hijackthis log file into your new topic.'
I haven't enough computer knowledge.
No one is asking you to "split the atom". I agree with GeekGirl. Download HijackThis. Unzip the file, run the program (which won't take but a few seconds), and copy and paste the log file to a new post in the HijackThis Forum. No one can help you if you won't put forth the effort to help yourself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fee5c

I'll wait until my lad gets back from his holiday.
He knows more about computers than I do.
Thanks
Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.