Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, currently I have FC4 on my computer (partition) I dont use it very often but when I do it is good. I recently ordered many Ubuntu CD's and just received them. I have 2 questions

1. Is it worth changing from FC4 to Ubuntu

2. if it is how do i uninstall FC4?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
837 Posts
No... not in my mind at least... Ubuntu is just a little bit more user friendly, but you sacrafice a lot of the packages, and i know you can download them, but FC4 comes with so much more... but if it's for space sake, go with ubuntu...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ubuntu hands down

Anything it doesn't come with you can easily download using Apt

In fact apt makes the case on it's own. Not to mention Ubuntu gives you Debians stability. FC4 can't even compare and it's package tool (yum) is a piece of junk.

Oh and all you need to do is format the partition FC4 is installed on and install Ubuntu there.

EDIT: The fact that you ordered Ubuntu CDs is sticking with me. Is your internet connection dialup? If so then you can't really use Ubuntu, it downloads alot of it's install packages during the first boot so you'd need a high speed connection. You'd have to default to FC4 only because everything it has installs from the CD.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Fedora Core 4 is out!?

I don't think it's worth changing. Just keep learning the basics on FC4, then I suggest you move on to something like Gentoo or Slackware.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.