Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

For all you guys that though of me as a big dummy, I implemented your instructions; & guess what...they didn't work. I recently set up my new Dell 8250; & had previously saved all my favorite links to CD-R. On the new machine, I navigated to the Favorites folder [C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\systemprofile\Favorites (w/ a star)]; & copied the links there (as I was instructed.)

Well, they're not available in either "Favorites" in IE (& there's two...one on the Menu Bar, w/ dropdowns...& one on the Toolbar, a button w/ a star.) They're in the Favorites folder I copied them to, but nowhere to be found in Internet Explorer.

Now what, genius'?

mark4man

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mark4Man,

If you are running WINXP or WIN2000 you put it in the wrong place. You should copy that favorite folder from the CD into c:\Documents and Settings\(your user's folder here)\Favorites.

This is the easiest way that I found to put your favorites back in. Try it and let me know if you need more assistant.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Man...you guys are good!

Thanks again,

mark4man

BTW - Wasn't really trying to be offensive...hope no one took it that way...was just fartin' around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.