Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have experienced some problems and I guess it is the HDD.

Samsung HD080HJ/P
Driver: 5.1.2535.0

I checked the event viewer and this is what I found.

Error ID 9

El dispositivo, \Device\Ide\IdePort2, no respondió en el tiempo de espera permitido

Warning ID 51

Error detectado en el dispositivo \Device\Harddisk1\D durante una operación de paginación.

Also my machine is slow and it is brand new.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
First thing you want to do is check the cabling. Sometimes a loose power cable will cause those kind of errors. Also check the data cable to make sure it's properly connected both to the drive and the motherboard. If in doubt, try different data cables.
On the power side of things: I got the "device ide ideportx did not respond within the timeout period", and the paging error messages a lot when my drive clicked intermittently due to a weak power supply. i had a lot of trouble figuring it out because i thought my drive was failing or my cables were bad. turns out it was a faulty power supply. all my problems went away when i got a more powerful one. depending on your configuration, make sure you have a powerful enough PSU. I'm not very knowledgeable on how to calculate how much wattage is enough, but you can ask in the power supply forum
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f210/
you could also test by plugging the drive in a different computer. if it seems healthy, you'll know it's not the drive, but something it's connected to (either cables or PSU)

last one is your drive could simply be dying. you can use hardware diagnostics to find that out. see a list here
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f234/hard-drive-diagnostic-utilities-302602.html
make sure the above checks out and is ruled out before you try diagnostics (or even better run diagnostics while drive is connected to another computer). if the cables or PSU are faulty, the diagnostics could give you incorrect results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.