Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been receiving "fatal exception error OE at 0028:CDXXXXXX in VXD AU30CORE(01)+XXXXXX" type error messages. This seems to happen generally when I try to access web pages and some other applications.

I have tried everything I can think of doing: scanned with norton antivirus, spybot, ad-aware, panda online, defrag and msconfig startup menu. Unfortunately, the problem continues.

Any suggestions about what the problem might be. MS does not seem to offer a solution. :4-dontkno

Thank you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Fatal exception errorOE at 0028:CDXXXXXX in VXD AU30CORE(01)+XXXXXX"

One problem is your operating system currupted

Other wise yours system ram problem.

Check it

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Run the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized)

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem. You will need your Windows cd.

Run a [url="http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp#top?]Windows Memory Diagnostic Test [/url] to test your memory.

The Windows Memory Diagnostic tests the Random Access Memory (RAM) on your computer for errors. The diagnostic includes a comprehensive set of memory tests. If you are experiencing problems while running Windows, you can use the diagnostic to determine whether the problems are caused by failing hardware, such as RAM or the memory system of your motherboard. Windows Memory Diagnostic is designed to be easy and fast. On most configurations, you can download the diagnostic, read the documentation, run the test and complete the first test pass in less than 30 minutes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your support

Thank you for your support.

I ran both tests that you suggested.

The SFC test did fix a file problem. Unfortunately, the Windows memory diagnostic test resulted in errors for the various extended test passes (11) that it performed.

I suppose that the only fix to be done now is to replace the RAM in my PC. Unless you suggest trying something else.

Thank you both for your help.

·
15,478 Posts
You will need to replace the memory.
What type of memory are you using and how much is installed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello again.

I have 128MB SDRAM DIMM (Hyundai Electronics). In answer to your question about how much is installed, i presume all of it. I spoke to Dell, the manufacturer, and they suggested I upgrade to 256 RAM and also upgrade my hard drive to 40 Gig (I currently have only 10 Gig-using about 8 Gig).

Thanks again.

·
15,478 Posts
The Windows Memory Test came back with errors which means the memory is bad.
If you have 128mb you may have 2 sticks of 64mb or 1 stick of 128. Maybe only 1 stick is bad but I dont know what your system is supporting. It is up tp you to open the case and look to see what you have and if there are 2 try replacing 1 at a time to rule the stick out.
An upgrade to 256 is not a bad idea along with the hard drive but you will then need to install Windows again. Make sure you have all your discs for installing your system again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again.

I did not open the case yet. According to the diagnostic test, it indicated the following for error distribution by memory module:
bank O: slot j6j1 19 (errors)
bank 1: slot j6j2 not populated
bank 2: slot j7j1 not populated

Not sure what this indicates. Is it the answer to the 1 stick or 2 stick question? Assuming its not and I open the case up and find 2 sticks and determine which one is not functioning, I would then only need to replace one of them?

As for the upgrade , thank you for reminding about reloading windows. I still have all the disks Dell sent me originally, I presume they sent me all I would need for such an eventuallity.
I guess it goes without saying that i better back up my files first on a cd-rom and then would have to re-download all those other applications I've accumulated over the years :rolleyes:

Thank you.

·
15,478 Posts
Looks to me like you onnly have 1 stick of 128 installed but I could be wrong :rolleyes:
Only way to find out is to replace it. Please double check your cds to assure you have what you need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very well...Thank you for all your help. I guess I have no more questions until I get the new hardware. Hopefully, that will work out smoothly.
Bye for now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, this is my first time to post here. I have similar problem. blue screen and this message pops up - fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028: C02a27a8 in vxd vwin32 (05)

I read all possible solution and do it. but its just keep on popping up.

Please help.....

·
15,478 Posts
Hi and Welcome to TSf marissa0118

I need to ask you to start your own thread. We only assist the original posters issue, it gets too confusing

This thread will be closed, if the original poster feels he/she needs it reopened plz pm a moderator

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.