Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i am going to reformate my samsumg sv600sh and asked a friend which one is the better of the 2 fat32 or ntfs? then that raised more questions like is 1 better more stable than the other? or it formatted in ntfs now is it possible to reformat it in fat32 just a bunch of questions. so what i ask is should i format in ntfs like it is or fat32? also some insight as to the difference and pros and cons on both would be great. thank you jim(offthewild)

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
Format it in ntfs its more stable with better security, fat32 is more for operating systems ME or lower, I am not sure why they even offer the choice with XP

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
If you are going to run XP, then format to NTFS, it is much more stable and versitile than FAT32. Also an NTFS file system can read all FAT32 files, but a FAT32 file system cannot read any NTFS files.....since the majority of users are on XP, and XP is a native (prefers) NTFS file system, you not only get a better, more efficient file system but one that is completely backward compatible and allows use of drives larger than 137GB....something FAT32 cannot.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

man this site rocks thanks for the info made 100% sense. very much appreciated guys. TSF RULES JIM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.