Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I see ads for cars designed to tear the roadways a new one I can't help but wonder WHY anyone would need that kinda power.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I guess they just want to wreck our environment... More power = more pollutive.

What I like in a car, is: Cheap to run, lots of space, comfort, practical, some simple features, such as a 3.5mm jack for MP3 player to radio, not too ugly etc..

·
Premium Member
3,888 Posts
I like power. Mo power, mo power. No wimp cars for me. I like knowing my cars can outrun almost anything on the road, if necessary. It's like money in the bank. You never know when you might need that power. And, performance vehicles have to meet the same pollution guidelines as other, lesser, vehicles.

·
Biker/Geek
1,088 Posts
Some people just like the fact that their cars are fast, though they can't really legally drive them to their potential, the feel of power when driving them is worth it. Personally, I couldn't stand the idea of driving a Metro or like car with poor power, but I don't exactly need 650 HP either. 200-300 will do. :grin: (<120 HP... :rolleyes: ) yeah, I speed sometimes... But heck, I've only gotten 1 ticket and no wrecks, so I must not be a terrible driver :4-dontkno lol.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
i like power but really its an addiction (not to everyone though u gota be the power hungry race car type) . ull always want more, lets say u have a honda. you go with all the parts you can get without going turbo, you have 170hp ur like i want more ! so u go to turbo you have 300hp ! so u want more you get a 100shot of nitrous then ur at 400hp then u start upping the boost on the turbo u suddenly have 500hp. and then the motor blows and u start over to get more :D

its really the same if u want a faster cpu or video card but thers no real use for it ... and really even then ur polluting the environent ;)

im good with 300hp, i have 130 right now and the car weights alot since its an old 5 series, my old car had 130 and it weight half of the 5 series. soon comes a 325i with 170hp then the turbo then its vroom vroom autobahn here i come.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
I just like to know the powers there when I need it, I am the same way with boats, More Power

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got my ideal with the '05 Honda Accord Hybrid V-6. Burns the tires, runs like a scared rabbit, yet some good economy, comfy and great handling. I used some Sea Foam recently with a tad over 9k on it, and could tell it cleaned it out. Pep good as ever, and the mileage came back up. Averaging 25 to 30 in the city depending on weather, driving conditions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
When I see ads for cars designed to tear the roadways a new one I can't help but wonder WHY anyone would need that kinda power.
:3-nuts: ..Probably the same mentality of the folks sporting Intel or AMD HT Dual core 4+ Ghz processors with 3+ Ghz RAM viewed on two NVidia 8000 512MB VGAs running SLI! :SHOCKED:
It's all about what blows your hair abck & if you're willing to shell out the moola..:grin:

·
Registered
11,131 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
:3-nuts: ..Probably the same mentality of the folks sporting Intel or AMD HT Dual core 4+ Ghz processors with 3+ Ghz RAM viewed on two NVidia 8000 512MB VGAs running SLI! :SHOCKED:
It's all about what blows your hair abck & if you're willing to shell out the moola..:grin:
That's exactly what I was going to say. If you're looking at it this way, what's the point of having a big house, what's the point of buying clothes some other place than Wal-Mart?

·
Registered
48 Posts
My new dream car.
The nicest car Ive sat in, worth £36,000. Kicks out 366 ponies out the rear and is loaded with Carbon fibre splitter and a spoiler and also aerodynamics on the roof.

I sat in number 79 out of 200 in the UK. Makes me feel really special :smile:
Hopefully, when I have enough money, I can get one of these beauties and live life.
Nice little ride there carsey. Is that the sticker price before taxes!? :SHOCKED:

Too bad they put the steering wheel on the wrong side! :grin:

·
hey
10,189 Posts
After driving a big brown truck for more hours in a day then I care to think about, driving something with some power is nice. But I do not really need a car that can do 0-60 in a few seconds.

·
Student of the Art
643 Posts
I have a lil over 200 HP in my new gt compared to my old 145hp beater.

When I went shopping for a car..i test drove a bunch of diff cars..from elantra's up to the impala SS. (from 140hp to 300+hp)

What really makes the diff for me is the excelartion power and the ability to easily pass another car on the highway when your cruising around 120km/h. I find the V6's i test drove with the higher hp and torque were graceful at this.

Consequently..it's also the cars with the more power and higher trims that are so good at this. Also..the better looking cars are usually always the higher trim vehicles.. and higher trim means bigger engine for the most part.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.